Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Tip #27 Act out the Story

This fun tip today comes from Terri Main.

Terri says: "Acting out the story with friends is good too. Each taking a character and making their oun story."

Thanks Terri.

You can read more from Terri at her sites:
Wayfares Journal blog
Wayfares Journal
Creative Calisthenics

This can be lots of fun. Hey, maybe you can even get costumes, backdrops and take it "on the road."

I did that once when I was an Activity Director in a nursing home/sanitarium. My patients made had puppets, designed the sets and then we tape recorded them reading their part of the story. (This was becuase when they would read their part, they'd put the puppet face down on the table.) We then went to several other nursing homes and performed. It was great fun for everyone. Thanks Terri for triggering this fun memory for me.

So, what are you waiting for? Go have some fun. When you get your troupe together, take pictures and send them to me. I'll post them with a blurb from you about what you did and all the details of how you did it.

See you Friday with more fun ideas on how to take a book beyond reading.

No comments: