Friday, October 23, 2009

What Makes You Creative?

For me it's lots of different things. Something as simple as seeing the eyes of an alligator peeking out of a retention pond at me while I'm doing my morning walk sparks the beginning of a poem.

I looked at a pond and what did I see?
Alligator eyes looking at me.

Watching me slowly as I walked by,
Do you think they'll make me cry?

They didn't move, not even a blink,
I snuck on by, as quick as a wink.

Will they follow me, will they try?
I sure hope not, so I'll say bye bye.


Okay, so it's not the best, but I think you get the idea.

Your turn. While you're out today, look around. Maybe a cloud in the sky will remind you of something or a sign on a bilboard. What ever it is that grabs your attention, see what you can come up with, a poem or a story.

Please share, I'd love to see what you come up with.

See you Monday. Have a great weekend.

posted by Joy Delgado
We go Beyond Reading
Check out what’s going on at the zoo!

No comments: