Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Getting Excited and Learning Something New

Today I just want to share.

Over at Laughing Zebra – Books for Children this summer I'm hosting a virtual summer zoo camp. Many of you may have popped in to check it out. Thanks.

What I'm excited about is that I'm learning so much about the animals I'm highlighting. I'm also learning more amd more about how to do research on the internet. Honestly, I don't know how I lived without this wonderful tool for most of my life. The wealth of information out there is amazing. That's not to say there's not a lot of garbage out there too. You have to sift through it all to find the pearls you are looking for.

I use Google, Wikipedia, National Geographic Kids, and Discovery channel/Animal Planet to name a few of the big sites for basic information and videos. I also check out and all kinds of kid friendly activity sites to locate arts and crafts ideas and coloring pages.

So, how do you research something? Do you pop into a search engine in the comfort of your home? Or do you run down to the library? Or both?

Oh, and if you haven't stopped in to the zoo camp yet, check it out now and let me know what you think.

posted by Joy Delgado
We go Beyond Reading
Laughing Zebra – Books for Children
Check out what’s going on at the zoo!
Zooprise Party / Fiesta Zoorpresa blog

No comments: