Thursday, January 15, 2009

Tip #10 Mask Art

Masks are fun and easy to make. You can make simple masks out of construction paper and crayons, foamy board or you can make them out of paper maché.

Pick something from the story, it can be a character, tree, car, boat, whatever. Usually a person or animal is best though.

Draw and color it on construction paper.

Cut it out.

Put tape over the area where you’re going to poke holes to attach string to tie it on with. This will help keep it from ripping, for a while anyway.

Put string through holes, tie them and voila, you have a mask.

Be sure you take pictures! Here’s mine.

If you’d like to share yours here, just email me and I’ll post them for you.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will have to try and find the pics of my elephant one from when I was a kid. I was so proud of that thing!

Anonymous said...

Hahaha - Cool!

Joy said...

Christina, email me the picture when you find it and if it went with a story, that too.
Marvin, I believe there's a kid inside all of us. Mine is always popping out, and I love it!

Beth Groundwater said...

That horse mask gave me my giggle of the day! We should all make a mask for Mardi Gras.

Joy said...

Good idea Beth. What mask are you going to make? What was your favorite childhood story and favorite character in that story?